2.06.2007

Fake chicken, metric conversions, and me.

So, it finally freakin snowed in The Shire. Enough to sled on! The Keene crew and I met up at a ginormous hill in Walpole for an afternoon of sledding and ballyhoo. Was fun and scary. Everyone laughed at me when I announced that I was "taking it easy due to lack of health insurance." I was serious! Next thing I know, Karen is at bottom of hill bleeding from the forehead. Enough to require stitches & supervision due to minor concussion. Poor Karen.

In other news, I have discovered that Quorn makes fake chicken chunks. (not just loafs or patties). This is extremely exciting to me. Making fake chicken salad has never been easier! I made some kickass tomale pie as well. Here is the recipe:

In a 9" pan coated w/ a bit of olive oil:
  • slices of polenta to cover entire bottom of pan
  • layer of salsa fresca
  • layer of fake chicken chunks
  • a bunch of chopped scallions
  • some fresh tomato chunks
  • a handfull (careful Nello!) of green chillis
  • a bunch of black beans
  • some cheese to coat top of creation

cover with foil and bake at 350 for a while. when it seems like stuff is cooked (about 30mins) remove foil and cook until cheese is all melty and stuff is bubbling around edges of pan.

Okay, that's all for now. I am trying to write a lab report and convert stuff to metric units. It really pisses me off that this country is just NOW adopting this system. Retarded. What took so effing long?

Ciao,

Kat o Lac

10 comments:

kat said...

And don't forget to add a shitload of fresh cilantro after its cooked!

Robyn said...

sounds yummy 'cept that I would definately put real chicken in it and maybe some cumin too.
wait we're using the metric system, I dont even know what that is???

kat said...

scallions are green onions. like big chives or similar. or really skinny leeks.

kat said...

oh i like the sound of "spring onions" as they are spring like in color. like tulip & dafodil shoots or similar.

I wonder why you have signs posted in mph? That is odd. Do you drive on the left side of road in Scotland? Sometimes I do that just for a thrill.

formingnewsights said...

hi katfart

formingnewsights said...

hi katfart

Teneisha R. S. Jones said...

bla bla bla bla bla

leni licious said...

kate's a rockstar...and a pretty dang good bestest friend.

Lane-Dawg.

formingnewsights said...

hello????

Teneisha R. S. Jones said...

kate nooooo comebaaaaack