2.25.2009

So I was driving home from Ben's this morning enjoying sunshine and a nice mango smoothie. I don't know how it happened, but I threw entire smoothie into air. Just THREW IT! (You know how sometimes you jump in your sleep? It was like that but I was awake) Plastered windshield, steering wheel, seat, bag, and entire self with said smoothie. even got inside of coat pockets. I swear it tripled in volume when it left the cup. WAs running late as usual, so had to drive 40 minutes in that condition, then go to class. What a mess. Looked like i puked all over car and self. Great start to my day.

In other news, I was approved for the new ecology research project. I will be living in the white mountains for most of July, collecting spiders & spiderwebs which I will then sample for mercury isotopes. That is my study, which is part of a much larger ongoing study with a group of scientists from around the country.

My roomates are moving to NYC in April. Chels isn't selling the house, which means I can still live here. Wohooo! And I think my friend Annie is moving in. Wohooo!! (you know her emiloo). And maybe this other guy that i am friends with, who is also great.

I am prob repeating myself here...I didn't scan past posts to see. A time saving measure on my part. Am super busy with school. Holy paper writing!!! Holy lab work! I have 3 conferences to present at in March alone. One of them is in New Brunswick Canada near the Bay of Fundy. I have been meaning to go there, but it's a 10 hour drive.
Okay, i really have to get some work done. Love to all you wonderful ladies.
LOVE KAT!

5 comments:

Robyn said...

Your work sounds cool Just don't ever let MLE go with you she would probably squish the spiders.

Glad we get a name to the boy now.

Teneisha R. S. Jones said...

I know it wasn't funny at the time for you but i had to laugh about throwing the smoothie.

I did the same exact thing with a brand new coffee outside of my dad's office when i was like 21. It just flew out of my hand. Wyatt was with me and we laughed to hard we cried.

Glad to hear you and the boy are still going strong. Perhaps we get to see a picture in the next post? :D

formingnewsights said...

man, that would suck.. smoothie all over the place.. uggh.. u are really smart kat.. good for you!!!

kat said...

will post pics of BEN and me next time. so in love it is stupid. "stoops" (citing meg)

formingnewsights said...

hahha, stoops is great!!