9.01.2009

Pics and update...

Washington D.C. New to chemistry reactions!

Collecting insects in the White Mountains.

Ben grilling hot dogs on the engine manifold of my car - Cape Cod. Sorry for sideways pic.


Back in the mountains for more spider samples. Grilling hotdog and enjoying cold beer after long, wet day of bushwhacking.



Somewhere in northern NH.




Shit day. Overdrafted bank account due to purchase of small coffee. No money coming in until Wellesley college decides to pay me for work I did in July. I thought 30+ days was enough time for payroll to get their act together. I have also learned that banking online is NOT a reliable way to track finances. Nor is praying. Or swearing at customer service representatives. I am sorry for whomever happens to answer the phone..it's nothing personal. It's just me communicating how I feel about banking institution's hidden, surprise, and/or new fees. (FUCK YOU TDBankNorth.)
So, I am back home, and back at school. I have entered my senior, though not final year. I do plan to finish undergraduate thing soon though...

12 comments:

vivian flash said...

dear kat,
first you look unbelievably beautiful. in that sort of majestic, raw, poetic, unfussed with sort of way. i think your the prettiest girl i have seen in a long time.
they dont breed women here in the south the same way. i just got home from work and they held a singles convention. 200+ overly fluffed birds and pretentious men who think they are a catch cause they sport a stache but no sense of self.
anyways i felt like throwing up a little on myself after witnessing such a display.then i went to the grocery store and bought a bottle of wine for $8.99.
now i sit here missing my best friend (he left for italy this morning)
i started feeling sorry for myself until i read your post.
i am not alone. i do have friends. and they are UNBELEIVABLY BEAUTIFUL!
i dont make much of an attempt at girl on girl relations here. i like my own time. and always time spent with mike. hes so cool.
i miss you.
and i will write you a letter. 10 rule street right?

vivian flash said...

46.3 MINUTES LATER...(12:56am)























by the way. i just found a "sprinkling" of some sort of "organic plant matter" in the desk drawer. i have the STUPIDEST look on my face right now. allbymyself and giggling like we shared a joke and i had you in the same room.
dork.
oh my i heart whacky tabacky.























(its a new thing. sudden weed-hound.)

Teneisha R. S. Jones said...

Kate you look great!

Sorry I have not sent your flip flops yet. I suck, obviously.

I wish i was enjoying such a green lush summer. We are brown and crispy around these parts.

Be well!
Teneisha

formingnewsights said...

i sit in silence working on my own stuff and just being alone probably about 5 plus hours a day.. i dont even put on music half the time.. my daily schedule requires massive amounts of alone time, and i never think anything of it.. i really havnt felt loneliness in a very long time.. i think i made it past loneliness and found myself and have become totally comfortable with who i am and what i do.. its great!

vivian flash said...

i totally agree meggie. but sometimes i feel left out of certain relationships. i wish i had my girlfriends closer. i get lonesome for that.

formingnewsights said...

ya i hear ya

kat said...

this blog thing we have going really keeps us connected. someone should get married again though, so we have an excuse to get together.

Teneisha R. S. Jones said...

i agree kat!

Robyn said...

funny kat someone should get married soon.
Sorry to hear of your banking woes, I'm sending money karma your way.
I personally like online banking but you definitely need to check on it daily.
Love you. xo xo.

formingnewsights said...

i would die without online banking

Robyn said...

I would not die but none of my bills would ever get paid because I don't get them in the mail anymore.

formingnewsights said...

just wanted to say, bruce is so proud of all you have accomplished,.. be proud of yourself, my little kat!